Sign up for Holistic Management workshops and courses. Visit us on the ranch or spend time with us when we travel to your neck of the woods. We are offering a series of events, one-day workshops and multi-day courses as well as a ranch study program for those interested in learning how a holistically managed ranch operates on a day-to-day basis.
If you are interested in becoming an Accredited Professional with the Savory Institute, the courses you take through the Jefferson Center will meet your requirements. Please contact us to create a accreditation plan for you.
The workshops and courses will be intimate, with ample one-on-one time with Savory Institute field professionals out in the field and the classroom. All curriculum is accredited by the Savory Institute. Workshops are a survey of all the components of Holistic Management. The courses are in-depth and cover one module of Holistic Management per course.
Introductory workshops & events
- Nevada Small Farm Conference, Feb. 3 and 4, 2017, Sparks, Nevada
- For the Love of the Land: Holistic Management for Soil, Livestock and Livelihoods, Feb. 11, Paso Robles, California
- Soul Food Farm Bilingual Holistic Management Workshop, Feb. 25, Vacaville, California
- Build Soil, Build Wealth Workshop with Spencer Smith and Mark Shepard, March 3 to 5, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, California
- Jefferson Center Field Day, June 3, 2017, Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- Healing The Ecosystem Through Regenerative Farming Farm To Table Dinner and Discussion June 24, 2017, Soul Food Farm, Vacaville, California
- Regenerative Farming Builds Community Farm to Table Discussion and Dinner, July 15, 2017, Soul Food Farm, Vacaville, California
- Creating Resilient Economies Based On Regenerative Agriculture Farm to Table Discussion and Dinner August 19, 2017, Soul Food Farm, Vacaville, California
- The Savory Meal, a regenerative ranching dining experience October 22, 2017, San Francisco, California
- Put Your Cattle to Work: how to use livestock to grow more grass without sacrificing body condition or profit November 11, 2017, Belcampo Farms, Gazelle, California
Holistic Management courses
- Holistic Land Planning and Biological Monitoring Course, July 6 to 9, 2017, Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- Holistic Planned Grazing Course, November 17 to 19, 2017, Dye Creek Preserve, Los Molinos, California
- Holistic Financial Planning Course, Yosemite, California December 8 to 10, 2017
Ranch Work Study Program
Learn how a holistically managed ranch operates. Spend two weeks or a month with us at Springs Ranch and take part in all holistic planning, ranch work and activities. Participate in all events offered during your stay at no additional cost.
The work study program is offered May through August each year at Springs Ranch, the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management headquarters in Fort Bidwell, Calif. Please contact us and send a cover letter and resume if you are interested in the work study program: abbey at jeffersonhub dot com.
Register for all workshops and courses by clicking the links above.