Sign up for Holistic Management workshops and courses. Visit us on the ranch or spend time with us when we travel to your neck of the woods. We are offering a series of events, one-day workshops and multi-day courses as well as a ranch study program for those interested in learning how a holistically managed ranch operates on a day-to-day basis.
If you are interested in becoming an Accredited Professional with the Savory Institute, the courses you take through the Jefferson Center will meet your requirements. Please contact us to create a accreditation plan for you.
The workshops and courses will be intimate, with ample one-on-one time with Savory Institute field professionals out in the field and the classroom. All curriculum is accredited by the Savory Institute. Workshops are a survey of all the components of Holistic Management. The courses are in-depth and cover one module of Holistic Management per course. All courses are taught by Spencer Smith, unless otherwise noted.
Sign up for the event or course by clicking on the links below.
Download a printable calendar.Click here to download
Holistic Management courses
- Holistic Planned Grazing, January 5 to 7, 2018, Be Love Farm, Vacaville, California
- Holistic Financial Planning, February 9 to 11, 2018, Free Hand Farm, Placerville, California
- Holistic Land Planning and Ecological Monitoring, March 1 to 4, 2018, Tablas Creek Vineyard, Paso Robles, California
- Holistic Land Planning and Ecological Monitoring, July 12 to 15, 2018 Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- Holistic Financial Planning, August 6 to 8, 2018, Tablas Creek Vineyard, Paso Robles, California
- Holistic Financial Planning, November 30 to December 2, 2018, Santa Barbara, California
- Holistic Grazing Planning and Ecosystem Function, December 7 to 9, 2018, Santa Barbara, California (in partnership with Kiss the Ground)
- Eco Farm 2018: Sow Good, Jefferson Center presenting on January 26, 2018, Pacific Grove, California
- Society of Range Managers Annual Meeting, (Spencer speaking on January 31) January 27 to February 2, 2018, Sparks, Nevada
- Western Regional Grazing Conference: Grazing for Change, February 24, 2018, Chico State University Farm Pavilion, Chico, California
- How to Produce Nutrient Dense Food, April 12 to 15, 2018, with Spencer Smith and Dan Kittredge, Paicines Ranch, Paicines, California
- Build Soil, Build Wealth Workshop, April 22 to 25, 2018, White Oak Pastures, Bluffton, Georgia
- Soul Food Farm Mother’s Day Meal, May 12, 2018, with Abbey Smith and Alexis Koefoed, Soul Food Farm, Vacaville, California
- Jefferson Center Field Day, July 14, 2018, Jefferson Center demonstration site, Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- Food, Fiber and Farms of the Future, October 18, 2018, Stemple Creek Ranch, Tomales, California
- Put Your Cattle To Work, December 1, 2018, with the Tehema County Resource Conservation District, Tehema County, California
Ranch Work Study Program
Learn how a holistically managed ranch operates. Spend two weeks or a month with us at Springs Ranch and take part in all holistic planning, ranch work and activities. Participate in all events offered during your stay at no additional cost.
The work study program is offered May through August each year at Springs Ranch, the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management headquarters in Fort Bidwell, Calif. Please contact us and send a cover letter and resume if you are interested in the work study program: abbey at jeffersonhub dot com.
Register for all workshops and courses by clicking the links above.