This is an exciting year to get involved in Holistic Management and regenerative agriculture. Across California there are opportunities to take courses, attend a workshop, event, ranch field day or dinner. Join us, and the regional network of regenerative agriculturalists we are proud to be a part of, for events listed below.
At the Jefferson Center, we are offering a series of events, one-day workshops and multi-day courses as well as a ranch study program for those interested in learning how a holistically managed ranch operates on a day-to-day basis. If you are interested in becoming an Accredited Professional with the Savory Institute, the courses you take through the Jefferson Center will meet your requirements. Please contact us to create a accreditation plan for you.
The workshops and courses will be intimate, with ample one-on-one time with Savory Institute field professionals out in the field and the classroom. All Jefferson Center curriculum is accredited by the Savory Institute. Workshops are a survey of all the components of Holistic Management, soil health and regenerative agriculture. The courses are in-depth and cover one module of Holistic Management per course, for example Holistic Planned Grazing. All courses are taught by Savory Field Professional Spencer Smith, unless otherwise noted.
Sign up for the event or course by clicking on the links below. Please contact us with questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Holistic Management courses
- Grazing Planning Workshop, January 30 to 31, 2019, California Native Grassland Association and the Paicines Ranch, near Hollister, CA
- Holistic Land Planning and Ecological Monitoring, March 28 to 31, 2019, Richards Grassfed Beef, Oregon House, California
- Ecological Outcomes Verification (EOV) monitor training, April 7 and 8, 2019 Please contact us for further details; qualifications must be met to attend this training.
- Holistic Land Planning and Ecological Monitoring, July 18 to 21, 2019 Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- Holistic Financial Planning, November 15 to 17, 2019 White Buffalo Land Trust Summerland, California
- Holistic Planned Grazing and Ecosystem Function, December 6 to 8, 2019, Santa Barbara, California
Regenerative Agriculture Events
- The Grassfed Exchange: Regeneration Rising, April 3 to 5, 2019, Santa Rosa, California
- How To Design Regenerative Organizations, applying Holistic Management to human systems, in partnership with nRhythm, May 3 to 5, 2019, Soul Food Farm, Vacaville, California
- 2019 Ranch Dinner with Taylor’s Market and Richards Grassfed Beef, May 18, 2019, Oregon House, California
- Jefferson Center Field Day, June 1, 2019, Jefferson Center demonstration site, Springs Ranch, Fort Bidwell, California
- ACRES USA Eco-Ag Conference, December 9 to 12, 2019, Minneapolis, MN
Custom Ranch Tours
Please contact us to book a free custom ranch tour of Springs Ranch in Fort Bidwell, California, the learning site for the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management, and a certified organic cattle ranch. The ranch tours are two to four hours long and include hands-on pasture walks on the holistically managed ranch. We can help you arrange for accommodation and meals in beautiful Surprise Valley. The available dates for the custom ranch tours are:
- May 18, 2019
- June 29, 2019
- July 13, 2019
- August 10 , 2019
Jefferson Center Ranch Work Study Program
Learn how a holistically managed ranch operates. Spend one week, two weeks or a month with us at Springs Ranch and take part in all holistic planning, ranch work and activities. Participate in all events offered during your stay at no additional cost.
The work study program is offered May through August each year at Springs Ranch, the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management headquarters in Fort Bidwell, Calif. Learn more about the Ranch Work Study Program here. Please contact us and send a cover letter and resume if you are interested in the work study program: abbey at jeffersonhub dot com.
Register for all workshops and courses by clicking the links above.