This is an exciting year to get involved in Holistic Management and regenerative agriculture. Across California there are opportunities to take courses, attend a workshop, event, ranch field day or dinner. Join us, and the regional network of regenerative agriculturalists we are proud to be a part of, for events listed below.
At the Jefferson Center, we are offering a series of events, one-day workshops and multi-day courses as well as a ranch study program for those interested in learning how a holistically managed ranch operates on a day-to-day basis. If you are interested in becoming an Accredited Professional with the Savory Institute, the courses you take through the Jefferson Center will meet your requirements. Please contact us to create a accreditation plan for you.
The workshops and courses will be intimate, with ample one-on-one time with Savory Institute field professionals out in the field and the classroom. All Jefferson Center curriculum is accredited by the Savory Institute. Workshops are a survey of all the components of Holistic Management, soil health and regenerative agriculture. The courses are in-depth and cover one module of Holistic Management per course, for example Holistic Planned Grazing. All courses are taught by Savory Field Professional Spencer Smith, unless otherwise noted.
Sign up for the event or course by clicking on the links below. Please contact us with questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Holistic Management courses
- Virtual Holistic Financial Planning Course, October 16 – November 20, 2020, VIRTUAL
- Holistic Planned Grazing Course, November 13, 14, 15, 2020, Elko, NV
- Holistic Management Intensive, November 30 – December 9, 2020, Lompoc, CA
- Holistic Planned Grazing Course, February 5 to 7, 2021, Oregon House, CA
Holistic Land Planning and Ecological Monitoring Course, April 8 to 11, 2021, Oregon House, CA
Regenerative Agriculture Events
- Napa Vision 2050 Holistic Land Management Regenerative Agricultural Seminar, Napa, CA Registration Link Coming Soon!
- How to Gain Agricultural Skills and Experience Webinar, January 24, 2020, Register Here
- Managing for abundance: How ranchers are stewarding the land for increased biological outcomes, February 1, 2020, Elko, NV
- Planned Grazing: How to Grow Soil, Grassland Health, & Profit, March 6 to 8, 2020, California Valley, CA Learn More
- Virtual Ranch Field Day, August 14th, 2020, Fort Bidwell, CA Learn More
- 2nd Annual Healthy Soil Summit, August 25 to 26, 2020, Sacramento, CA
- Holistic Management Intensive, April 19 to 28, 2021, Rainshadow Organics, Bend, OR
Custom Ranch Tours
We welcome you to come visit Springs Ranch on these dates when we have specifically set aside time for guests to tour the ranch and learn about Holistic Management. There is no charge for tours on these days! Because we are a working ranch, we cannot accept visitors everyday of the year, without advanced notice. Tours of Springs Ranch for any days outside of the dates listed below, cost $250 per day. For information about travel to Surprise Valley, and lodging, please visit this page.
CUSTOM TOUR DATES:
- May 23
- June 6
- July 18
- August 1
Jefferson Center Ranch Immersion Program
Learn how a holistically managed ranch operates. Spend one week, two weeks or a month with us at Springs Ranch and take part in all holistic planning, ranch work and activities. Participate in all events offered during your stay at no additional cost.
The immersion program is offered May through August each year at Springs Ranch, the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management headquarters in Fort Bidwell, Calif. Learn more about the Ranch Work Study Program and apply for the program here. Please contact us if you have any additional questions about the immersion program: abbey at jeffersonhub dot com.
Register for all workshops and courses by clicking the links above.