Here you will find a listing of jobs and various opportunities within the field of agriculture.
- Thousand Hills Farm Manager and 2020 Farm Interns – Thousand Hills Farm is seeking a farm manager who is passionate about, and experienced in, regenerative agriculture. At Thousand Hills Farm, we are a 600 acre multi-species Savory Hub and American Grassfed Association (AGA) certified operation with 100+ cow/calf pairs and 200 finished animals/year for the Thousand Hills Lifetime Grazed brand. We also have dabbled in hogs and laying hens. We aim to build soil biome/organic matter, increase water holding capacity, increase amount of and diversity of forage growth, and increase biodiversity using livestock. Contact for more information and to apply: email@example.com
- American Farmland Trust, Pacific Northwest Regional Director – The Pacific Northwest Regional Director (Director) position offers an exciting opportunity to help shape and carry out the strategic agenda of a growing, forward-looking conservation organization. The Director will provide strategic leadership for American Farmland Trust’s programs in the Pacific Northwest Region, with an emphasis on Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- The Director will report to the Vice President for Programs and will work out of the organization’s office in the state of Washington. The Director will initially be responsible for managing three staff and a network of consultants and a budget of approximately $600,000 with substantial opportunities for growth in the future. Learn more: https://farmland.org/careers/pacific-northwest-regional-director/
- Modoc Harvest, Executive Director – The Executive Director is the key management leader of Modoc Harvest, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, community outreach, event coordination, and overseeing staff. The position reports to the Board of Directors.Position Details The Executive Director position is 30 to 40 hours per week. The pay rate is $18 to $22 per hour depending on experience. The office is based in Cedarville, CA but the position does allow for some work to be completed at home. Please send a letter of interest and resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.
- The Santa Lucia Conservancy, Carmel, CA – The Santa Lucia Conservancy is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit land trust incorporated in 1995 to conserve the ecological integrity of the protected lands within the Santa Lucia Preserve in Carmel, CA. They are dedicated to advancing the art and science of conservation-compatible development through adaptive land management, conservation easement stewardship, ecological research and environmental education programs. This position is a highly physical, field-based position. Will focus on the day to day operations on the Santa Lucia Conservancy Restoration Grazing Program and will report to the Stewardship Director. The successful candidate will be able to work individually or in a team setting while performing the ranching operational activities listed below. Most of the activities listed below are performed on foot, on steep terrain, occasionally on horseback. Apply by: 11/23/2019. For more information go here.
- TomKat Ranch, Pescadero, CA – Apprentice with the TomKat Ranch Land & Livestock Team in all aspects of managing TomKat Ranch. Participate in on-the-job training and instruction in regenerative agriculture; learn the practical and theoretical aspects, mission, and goals of TomKat Ranch (TKR) and LeftCoast GrassFed (LCGF). This position is for people who wish to expand their knowledge and are interested in gaining experience in regenerative agriculture and working with cattle or other livestock to improve the productivity and resilience of the land. The Apprentice will be expected to develop his/her knowledge and skills to progress his/her career in regenerative agriculture and take part in activities, meetings, and events at the ranch to further that pursuit. For more job details or information to apply, go here.
- TomKat Ranch, Pescadero, CA – Be a Horse–Apprentice with the TomKat Ranch Land & Livestock Team in all aspects of managing TomKat Ranch. Participate in on-the-job training and instruction in regenerative agriculture; learn the practical and theoretical aspects, mission, and goals of TomKat Ranch (TKR) and LeftCoast GrassFed (LCGF). This position is for people who wish to expand their knowledge and are interested in gaining experience in regenerative agriculture and working with horses, cattle or other livestock to improve the productivity and resilience of the land. The Apprentice will be expected to develop his/her knowledge and skills to progress his/her career in horsemanship and regenerative agriculture and take part in activities, meetings, and events at the ranch to further that pursuit. For more job details or information to apply, go here.
- Twodot Land & Livestock – Winter Ranch Hand
- Continue to grow your personal skills within our holistic context.
- Build upon your ranching experience on a large scale, holistically managed cow-calf and grass finishing operation.
- Step into a generational ranch with a very low barrier for entry when it comes to contributing and being listened to at the daily and strategic level.
- Help cultivate TDLL’s triple bottom line by adding resiliency to our financial, ecological, and social resource bases. We continue towards this goal through:
- Developing a multi-generational herd of beef cattle, running continuously together, culled directly for food, that through intensive grazing practices improve the overall health of the soil and maximize sustainable profit per acre.
- If you are interested in the position, contact Kathleen at email@example.com.
- More Details: https://jeffersonhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/TDLL-Job-Description.pdf
- Mariposa Ranch: Full Time – Assistant Ranch Manager
- To work on grass-fed beef finishing – Cow Calf Ranch
- Location: Turlock and Catheys Valley, CA
- Flexible Schedule
- Day to day ranching operations include: cattle hauling, fencing, cattle rotation, gathering and sorting fat cattle. Also pasture and range management, stock water supply, irrigation, herd health, and nutrition.
- Please have experience in: Cattle work, fencing maintenance, pulling livestock trailers, horsemanship, pasture management
- Must Have: a clean driving record, be able to lift 50 pounds, be a self-starter and a willing learner
- Competitive Compensation
- No Housing
- Company Vehicle: While on the job or we pay mileage rate on your vehicle
- How to Apply: Please provide job application and resume to Seth Nitschke (E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 209-262-8780)
- Engler Canyon Ranch (Wild Horse Sanctuary) – Caretaker
Location: Trinchera, CO
Looking for candidates who not only likes horses, but also have ranch skills to help out with the myriad of projects on the ranch – building, maintenance, range restoration.
More information about the ranch: It is 22,000 acres and there are 140 horses. Currently using about 7,000 acres and are in the process of restoring the land and fencing more acreage.
Housing and competitive compensation provided.
- How to Apply: Email Jennifer Sands (email@example.com)