Join us in Fort Bidwell on April 25 for a one-day Holistic Management workshop on Springs Ranch. Spencer Smith, an accredited Savory Institute educator, will lead the workshop. The workshop is intended for small or large scale producers interested in incorporating holistic management into their operations. Participants will leave with knowledge of all the holistic management tools as well as the founding principles.
The workshop includes:
The Holistic Management tools covered are:
- Grazing planning
- Financial planning
- Biological monitoring
- Land planning
Discussions and real-world applications of holistic decision making can help anyone interested in managing their lives holistically. It helps families work together, organizations thrive and ensures the work we do moves us toward the quality of life we desire. Learn how to:
- test decisions quickly
- create a holistic context with your family or organization
- develop the future resource base you need to sustain quality of life
The key insights Allan Savory made while developing Holistic Management are covered. Learn how to see land through the lens of the four ecosystem processes and how to read the land to interpret the health of these processes.
We will take registrations at the door, but please sign up in advance so we know how many folks will need lunch. Register here on our website’s store.
Date, time, location:
- Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015
- Location: Springs Ranch and the Fort Bidwell Community Center, Fort Bidwell, California
- Time: 9 am to 4 pm
- Lunch: A ranch-style lunch will be provided by all participants, proudly made on Springs Ranch by the multi-generational team of Pati Smith and granddaughter Maezy Smith. Rumor has it Pati’s famous tamales are on the menu.
- Lodging: for those who need to stay overnight in the Fort Bidwell/Surprise Valley area, here are some great lodging options. All are locally owned and operated.